10/04/2009

Backyards and Pictures

Every one's backyard is very different. Some are gorgeous gardens, overflowing with different types of flowers and foliage. Others are a place to rest after a long day, or perhaps have friends join for dinner. Ours is a haven for children. Toys and balls of various sizes! A plastic play structure, plenty of grass and one small wooden picnic table. It is functional and fun!
My mom was asking when we were going to do family pictures again. Admittedly, I spend so much time working with other families and children, my own are often neglected in the picture department! Last year I pulled off my first Three Kid Challenge - my own little hooligans! It made the Christmas card! I set up the tripod, set the camera's settings, rounded up children and my mom's help. David made sure no toy-clutter was visible to the camera.

We forced a few smiles! Two kids were willing (although one needed motivating) and the other one ran off as soon as possible. Don't worry, he didn't leave the yard!


Yes, the entire family has Seahawks jerseys. Nina's is pink and she complained it was too cold for just the shirt. I believe her, since I had tried to talk her into an undershirt in the first place!




Nina really did enjoy it once we got started!




Will can be such a ham. And he loves his daddy so much!




My mom was the perfect smile-maker! She put a shoe on her head and threatened to let it fall off. AJ was mesmerized!


Well, not at the beginning. But he did cooperate just enough.
More pics will be on Facebook and Flickr.
It often amazes me at what can get done in 20 minutes, while other times it can take an hour.
So thanks to my mom for being the shutter button AND the smile maker!
Thanks to David for cleaning up the yard on very short notice!
And thanks to my sweet kids for going along with mommy & grandma's sudden urge!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are so cute! Nina's hair is getting so long and all the kids look so big!

Unknown said...

The pictures are wondeful. How fun!

Search This Blog